The Casino was built in 1878 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Opera House in Paris. The "atrium", paved in marble, is surrounded by 28 Ionic columns in onyx. It leads into the auditorium of the Opera, called the "Salle Garnier", which is decorated in red and gold, with a profusion of bas-reliefs, frescoes and sculptures. Here, for more than a century, outstanding international performances of operas, ballets and concerts have been staged.
The "gaming rooms" comprise a succession of numerous rooms featuring stained glass windows, admirable decorations and sculptures, allegorical paintings and bronze lamps.